Keeping the Economy Strong
Never in the history of mankind has there been a nation such as ours:
- A melting pot of many nationalities...all Americans...all One.
- The richest country ever...the result of hard work, ingenuity, risk-taking
- With the Freedom to follow the directive of our inner self.
Always prudent and self-regulated, even under the Internal Revenue Code, a system of voluntary compliance, of taxation with representation, it's American citizens contribute enormous amounts of the country's revenue to foreign aid and loans to third world countries. This is a practice unheard of until the 20th Century and proof that we practice what we believe--we are our brother's keeper.
Truly we are the richest and most powerful country ever, and also the most generous, as our friends and neighbors will attest. This belief and trust in the tenants and pillars of our core beliefs in what gives us the confidence to live life to the fullest; to give away our wealth, subconsciously knowing that there is an unlimited supply for all.
Now, this innocence and naiveté has been shattered by the recent Events of Terrorism, and we are now suffering from a lack of confidence. We see that lack of confidence as the result of fear. Fear of losing our jobs, fear of getting on airplanes, fear of spending any money, fear of getting a disease like Anthrax, not knowing what tomorrow will bring. Fear is the result of Terrorism. This is what Terrorists do. They put fear and terror into your heart and they have done their job.
Make no mistake about this...our government and the alliance formed against Terrorism is doing everything possible to bring peace back into our lives. Our job is to pray and send love. The love will take the fear out of your heart.
In her weekly newsletter, Cheryl Richardson, author of Take Time for Your Life
(Broadway Books, 1999) gives us some practical suggestions to stop the cycle of fear and rise to a place of strength and power.
- Understand the cause of fear. A cycle of fear starts with negative stimulus created, most likely, by the media, i.e. watching the news. Anxiety and worry produces chemical and other changes in your body. Your notice the changes and become more fearful. The cycle repeats itself until panic sets in.
- Take control of your thoughts. Don't try to block out negative thoughts. Rather, fill your mind with positive thoughts. When you are feeling fearful, distract yourself by reading a book or listen to soothing music. Books on humor and common sense will help. Focus your reading on the power of love and faith. Develop a meaningful affirmation. Richardson suggests: "I am stronger than my fear."
- Protect your vulnerability. When you are tired and hungry or lonely, you are more apt to succumb to fearful thoughts. Keep your life centered, balanced and disciplined. Get plenty of rest; eat small meals before your get hungry. Avoid people who are negative or drain your energy. Instead, get together with uplifting friends and family members. Don't watch the news just before bedtime.
- Help someone else feel safe. Rather than focus on your potential dangers, shift your attention to others' needs. Respond to them with your positive thoughts, which will reinforce your basic beliefs about faith, love and trust in the American way of life.
Ask yourself...who is in control here? If you are fearful, then Terrorist are controlling your thoughts. Fight back with love in your hearts! Love conquers fear. Know and give thanks that you are fortunate to have been born or immigrated into this wonderful country. You have the freedom and opportunity to really make a difference in someone's life, even thousands of miles away. Start with yourself:
Conquering fear will regaining confidence in the American way of life and will help keep our economy strong.
- Spread love and understanding to all around you in your immediate circle
- Send money (a form of love) to programs like "Feed the Children"
- Sponsor orphans in Honduras or other under-developed nations
- Send prayers and meditations to the entire Universe and visualize the earth bathed in white or pink light
- Send love to the Terrorists